Many women may experience some mild changes in mood before, during, or after childbirth, often called the "baby blues". It is estimated that about 1 in 7 women may feel more significant and serious symptoms of depression or anxiety.
Questions for mothers:
- Are you more irritable or tense?
- Do you feel hopeless, full of guilt or shame?
- Are you crying a lot?
- Do you feel sad or depressed?
- Are you having a difficult time bonding with your baby?
- Do you feel "out of control" or like you might be "going crazy"?
- Are you concerned that you might harm your baby?
It can be treated with professional help. The sooner that you reach out, the sooner you can feel better.
Call for a free phone consultation.